Pom Pom Racoon!
You may not want to see him in your backyard or by your garbage cans, but this raccoon is awfully cute sitting on your table, shelf, or mantle. Here's another craft to add to your collection plus some other cute raccoons that you might be interested in!
You Will Need:
Note: For a fluffy tail, do not trim the pom poms as much as you ordinarily would. Leave them kind of scruffy!
- 2 - 2" Gray pom poms for head and body.
- 5 - 1" pom poms for feet, hands, and first part of tail
- 2 - 1/2" pom poms for cheeks
- 1 - 1 1/2" pom pom for middle part of tail
- 1 - 1 3/4" pom pom for end of tail
- Large google eyes
- Craft wire or pipe cleaner
- Scissors, glue
- Cut felt into pieces as shown below:
- Glue your head and body pom poms together using the hatpin method. Continue to glue on the hands and feet in the same manner. Before gluing the cheeks in place, glue the outer eyes and then the inner eyes to the front of the head pom pom. After they are in place, you can glue on the cheek pom poms. They will slightly overlap the eye felt pieces.
- Next make your tail. Using the craft wire string your scruffy tail pom poms together. Add some glue to they hold. Then glue them to the back of the body pom pom. Trim off any excess wire on the end of the tail.
- Glue on your ears, google eyes and tongue and allow to dry. When totally dry (usually overnight) remove pins and enjoy your new creation!